After making her television debut on Shortland Street in 2004, Siobhan Marshall won fame as straight-talking sister Pascalle West over six seasons of Outrageous Fortune. In 2005 she won celebrity singing contest Sing Like a Superstar. More recently she made a guest appearance on The Almighty Johnsons, and will next join her Outrageous screen sister Antonia Prebble as co-star of The Blue Rose. In this ScreenTalk, Marshall talks about:
- Being inspired into acting by seeing Les Miserables
- Playing her name-sake in Shortland Street
- Being accused of playing a slut on the show
- Moving from comic relief to ‘meaty’ drama in Outrageous Fortune
- Getting room to develop her acting and character on the show
- Having a serious migraine while taping Sing Like a Superstar
- Learning how to behave like a man on The Almighty Johnsons
- Discovering a penchant for bending the truth on Would I Lie to You?
- Being one of the only actors in the cast of Duncan’s Lady to speak English
- Playing a cool Kiwi girl in new drama series The Blue Rose
- Believing acting is the only thing she’s good at
This video is available on YouTube to embed and distribute via a Creative Commons licence.